Wednesday, January 27, 2010

AMAZING!!

So Sunday was a CRAZY day! I had to wake up at 3:30am to take my Moses to Carlsbad, if any of you know the area that is about an hour an half down south, going towards San Diego. We left around 4 am and got there at 5:30 am so he could get ready for his marathon that started at 6 am. He had been preparing for this race for months. He was expecting to finish the race between 3 hrs. 30 min –4 hours; he took off and I went on an hour long venture to find the car. IT WAS INSANE! There were so many people, so many cars, who wouldn’t get lost? Not only was there a marathon that day with about 1200 participants, there was also a half marathon that started an hour and a half later. I was able to take a little nap then I made my way to the finish line. I was just hanging out there watching all the runners come in expecting to see him 10 minutes later, but no there he was making his way to the finish line. Turns out he ran the marathon in 3 hours and 17 minutes! His average time for a mile was 7 minutes 33 seconds! AND he qualified for the Boston Marathon, which was something he was not planning on doing, but it just so happened that he did. Marathons are great! I would love to do one at some point in my life, but I don’t think it will be any time soon. Moses will be preparing for his next marathon while I am training for my next 10K hahaha, I still have a looooooooooong road ahead of me!

**Moses at the start line getting ready for the big race**

2 comments:

  1. i didn't know he qualified for the Boston Marathon! that's great! GO MOSES!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Tyson and I ran a marathon October of 2008 in DC and it was insanely hard! I pretty much think that's a one-time thing for me, but would love to do half's now. That's cool he qualified for Boston. My dad ran Boston and loved it.

    ReplyDelete